Friday, October 22, 2010

SO IT IS "TO BLOG"

For the past months and months, I have been wondering whether I should learn how to blog. One must keep up with the generation, the cyberage and the many young staff that I have in the office... this was ringing in my head.

Then I brave myself to ask a couple of sweet ladies frankly "U know my character, what suits me, what reads me?" Most of them might as well be in the same room cos they all said clearly "Blog" to be able to express myself and write away... away....(should this be blah blah blah...)

Then this old lady said in return "set it up" and of cos, with the same response to Face book, I ended up having 2 Facebook and another Blog. To my dismay, I forgot the First Facebook password and not knowing or even bothering about it, I led it be. But with the second Facebook, I attempted to do all the "In and Jazzy" stuff. Fun but goodness, so this is called FB -- everyone just making comments directly to their friends but ended up being read by everyone else?? Oh - I dont know whether I am comfortable with that sort of "openness".

However, something strange happened. This afternoon when I was slurping scallop porridge for lunch in the office whilst everyone had gone out, I created a Blog by myself...so now I know that you just needed porridge to get yourself in the mood. Viola... less than an hour, I had a Blog, named it and written half an article. I felt good he hee, I felt young and I felt " I am here, man!" The night before, I was at the doctor's for flu & cough. Therefore, with a fever & flu, porridge in the tummy that the inspiration to create walked in. Strange circumstances but today... Oct 22nd Friday, I made my first step in the Age of Bloggers (doesn't that sound jazzy??)

I took maybe 10 mins to struggle with a "jazzy name". What about my name in Chinese and its meaning? Playing with words for the second name, it then hit me to shorten it. A new born arrived with a bilingual name and that is how "jade-pen" is created. Liew reckon that it should be "jadescreen" cos it is more accurate. Who knows, I will call edit it "jadescreen" in a week's time. "Jadescreen" do sound mysterious and "jade-pen" is simply a pen made out of jade la...

A blog requires thoughts to be put down in writing perhaps if it was done 20 years ago - so the need for a pen?. But the fingers do the tip/tapping/tip now on the keyboard, so is there a need for a pen then? Now "jadescreen" could define many things behind the screen as what Liew said. Hmmm - my thoughts are running already.

Stranger things happening here :-
I felt very free .... my fingers were running at high speed on the keyboard - chasing after the thoughts that raced through my mind.
I felt very light .... having emptied all the thoughts through the alphabets and words on the monitor infront of me.
I felt very good....talking about feelings, expressing them and letting myself just talk, talk without restraints/constraints either.
I felt very stimulated .... no distractions and no restrictions
I felt very high... wow this is good therapy for a bad day!!

So this is blogging he hee. I have decided now. And so it is that I start to "BLOG" ha ha...

No comments:

Post a Comment